Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Symbol of Longevity

600: a Symbol of Longevity

600:  A Symbol of Longevity

Celebrate the 600th Daily Create! Express 600 in a drawing without using numbers.


Where do they come up with these ideas anyway?

My analytic mind immediately wondered what 600 symbolized so that I could come up with an image to represent it.  We all know that storks ares symbols of fertility and associated with Springtime and birth.  But did you also know that because they are rumored to feed their elderly parents, storks are a symbol of filial piety or gratitude. They are emblems of immortality and longevity. Legend says they live an incredibly long time. When they are 600 years old they stop eating solid food.  

Now, I did no fact checking on this, but it did give me and idea for an illustration.  What happened during the process was one of those "nuggets" that we were warned about in DS106.   "Do not try to create and analyze at the same time.  They are different processes."  My creative unconscious actually took over during the drawing and this is what evolved.  While it is by no means a work of art, to me it represented my analytic self getting out of the way in order to unleash my creative juices.  Yeah! 

This image was created using the simple app "Drawing."

No comments:

Post a Comment